PLEASE READ THE INTRODUCTION TO THIS WEBSITE/BLOG FIRST.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

FATHER LADDER Part 2

A Prayer for you: Lord, as this dear one who is searching for inner healing continues their journey, I ask that You make Yourself known to them in a special way. Give them Your peace as they go through this process. Amen.

If you have not done so already please go to FATHER LADDER Part 1 and pray through those prayers first.

Again I will lead you through a series of questions to get you thinking and feeling. This time we will focus on your natural brothers/sisters, half brothers/sisters, stepbrothers/sisters, and childhood friends. Sometimes there is quite a long list, especially if your parents had multiple partners or if you moved around a lot as a child.

I suggest you just take a minute and list on a piece of paper or in your journal all your natural brothers and sisters, half brothers/sisters, stepbrothers/sisters, and childhood friends. Let the Lord bring them into your mind. Also you might want to write a word or two about any wounds (emotional/physical) that they were instrumental in you being on the receiving end of. Or if they were a blessing in your life jot that down.

Just allow the Lord to minister to you as you go through this. Have water and Kleenex nearby. Remember to take deliberate breathes occasionally and if you need to get up and move around feel free to do that.

IMG_0053b

John 15:15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. NIV
     
               Did anyone on your list physically abuse you?          Emotionally abuse you?

                    Were you teased unmercifully by anyone on this list? To the point of crying or where you had to strike back or get even?

              Were you abandoned by them at anytime so that you had “to make it” on your own?

                 Do you have emotional or physical pain as these memories come into your mind?

                Do you have a good relationship with them today? If not, what is the reason? Is it on your side or theirs?

    Has what happened with your brother(s)/sister(s) or friends caused you to distrust people and relationships?

I am sure this has stirred up a lot of emotional pain as you have brought these memories back in to your conscious thoughts. Where ever there is pain, there is still a wound that needs healing.

As you go through this prayer I suggest you do it one person and one memory at a time not as a group or blanket prayer. When you have finished with each person and each memory take a red pen and write “forgiven” next to their name on the list you made earlier. If you are unable to finish the list at one sitting keep the paper and come back and finish as soon as possible. Don’t dwell on the misdeeds.

I will be using the words “brothers/sisters” to cover all the “half’s and steps” in the prayer.

Jesus I choose to forgive my brother/sister/friend for list the incident/memory.

I renounce the lie and stronghold that Jesus is like my brother/sister/friend and that Jesus will treat me the same way that brother/sister/friend did. I release them and cancel their debt to me. In the name of Jesus and by the power of His blood, I cancel all of Satan’s authority over me in this memory because it is forgiven.

I receive the truth that Jesus is my Friend. He is a faithful Friend who will never leave me. I receive this truth NOW in the Name of Jesus Christ.
Lord Jesus I ask that You give me new words and mental pictures of You and I receive them now.

Holding onto Bitterness and Anger

Often times we will hold bitterness and anger inside of ourselves because of what brothers/sisters/friends have done to us. Even though you have just gone through forgiving them there is one more step and that is asking God to forgiven you and forgive yourselves for the anger and bitterness. So please finish with the following prayer.

Heavenly Father, forgive me for (the specific sin). I purpose and choose to forgive myself. In the name of Jesus and by the power of His blood, I cancel all of Satan’s authority over me in this sin – I am forgiven. Holy Spirit, heal my heart and tell me Your truth about this situation. Listen …to what the Lord says to you.

Now Go and celebrate your Freedom!

No comments:

Post a Comment