PLEASE READ THE INTRODUCTION TO THIS WEBSITE/BLOG FIRST.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

WHY ALL THIS EMPHASIS ON FORGIVENESS?

The most basic reason we need to forgive is because God told us too forgive others. In what is known as the Lord’s Prayer, Jesus’ disciples asked him how they should pray.

Matt 6:9-15

 "This, then, is how you should pray:

"'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name, Your kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. Forgive us our debts (sins), as we also have forgiven our debtors (people that have sinned against us). And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the 
evil one.”

Jesus goes on to say:

For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins. NIV

On a physical level I have seen what unforgiveness and bitterness can do in a person’s body and to relationships. As a hospice nurse many times I have seen people when they are dying separated from family due to past wrongs and still be unwilling to make the 1st move toward reconciliation. It breaks my heart.

I believe many diseases and psychological disorders are related to unforgiveness and bitterness. Science and the medical field are speaking out more than ever about how what we think and feel affects our bodies. The last statistic I read was that over 90 percent of our illnesses and diseases are rooted in our psychologically thinking as it relates to stress.

As you have been reading this did you think of any other male authority in your life that you need to forgive? Or did you remember another past wrong that was committed against you by someone you have just forgiven? Let’s clean this out now and get forgiven also.

Please pray this prayer with me:

In the name of Jesus, I purpose and choose to forgive 
(name of person) from my heart for (what they did). 
In the name of The Lord Jesus,
I cancel all their debts and obligations to me.
Dear Lord, I ask You to forgive me for my bitterness toward 
(name of person) in this situation.
In the name of Jesus and by the power of His blood, I cancel
Satan’s authority over me in this situation because I have forgiven.
In the name of Jesus, I command that all the tormentors that have been assigned to me because
of my unforgiveness to leave me, now.
Holy Spirit, I invite you into my heart and to heal me of this pain.
Please speak Your words of truth to me about this situation/person.

Take a moment to Rejoice in your Freedom!

No comments:

Post a Comment